From: "Anatole Klyosov" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] TMRCA Estimate of a group of Marsh families
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 05:49:39 -0500

>From: "Alister John Marsh" <>
>It is interesting to look at estimates for TMRCA. They can help a person
put "most energy" into investigating evidence from a "most likely" time
frame.
>Even if the TMRCA estimate is wrong, it draws to attention things which can
be tested. If the TMRCA is eventually proved wrong, then in proving it
wrong (or inconclusive), knowledge has been advanced.... If you are afraid
of
being proved wrong, then genealogy is not a good hobby to take up!

Dear John,

Well said. Those words are golden.

They are directly related not only to genealogy, and not to a hobby, but to
science in general.

>I am famous for making speculations which eventually are proved wrong.

Tell me about it. :-))
Between us, all my prizes in science grew from trials and (mostly) errors.
One can find several of my books on Amazon.com, and ALL of them were
initiated by a mess which had ruled in those (different) areas of science
and engineering, and by my desire to put that mess in a reasonable order.
Here is the same story.

Sincerely,

Anatole Klyosov

********************************
>There are living Tyndalls who have well documented pedigrees back to
Northumberland 900 years ago. It is therefore well within the realm of the
possible that I can reasonably "prove" (or disprove) my Tyndall matches
descend from the de Tyndalls living in Northumberland 900 years ago. If I
could do that, it would give me some concrete facts to refine my
speculations around. Refined speculations might highlight another step to
complete the jigsaw.

>In 10 years, no doubt I will be still gnawing away at this genealogical
puzzle.

>John.

This thread: