From: Doug McDonald <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] News item: first ancient human genome sequenced
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:53:16 -0600

The statement in the article about recent circum-arctic population exchange
is in accord with what I see in my autosomal BGA service.

There is a component that appears as "American" in my "standard" 7 component
breakdown but clear is not, as it is most prominent in Finland. What it actually
is is Arctic. I don't have any actual American Arctic samples, but
a recent addition of a northern Siberian one confirms it. It would appear
as the 8th main grouping if I had enough samples where it was very strong.

Doug McDonald

This thread: