From: "Anatole Klyosov" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] MRCA Estimates
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 19:54:51 -0500

>From: Robert Stafford <>

>What are you talking about when you claim 25 generations is "a fixed
mathematical value." I would think that you would want to use an observed
value.

My response:

I do know exactly what I am talking about. Do you?

If so, would you care to give here the "observed value" of a length of a
generation? And, by the way, who "observed" it? You? How about the next guy?

After you give me the "observed value", I will guide you to my "fixed
mathematical value".

Anatole Klyosov

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 6:01 PM, <> wrote:

> Average mutations rates for extended haplotypes typically group around
> 0.002 mutations per marker per generations of 25 years (I calibrate those
> rates using 25 years per generation; this is a fixed mathematical value
> and
> not an actual length of a generation).

This thread: