From: "Bryan Cook" <>
Subject: [DNA] Ancient Haplogroup Distribution Maps and summaries
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 09:43:50 -0500

I attach a link to a site which purports to summarise ancient haplogroup
distributions. It has been referenced and discussed a couple of years ago on
this list with some considerable degree of negative criticism. Does the
general view still stand that these are too full of spurious information to
be credible or has the opinion changed? I realise that it would be nice if
it were full annotated with references but it would perhaps then be
challenging for some to wade through. There is a major demand for such
graphics and summaries in the more popular hobby community like my local
Genealogy Society DNA Working Group. Thanks...I will put my tin hat on now
and go into my trench! Bryan

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/origins_haplogroups_europe.shtml#Ancient

This thread: