From: Tom Gull <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] haplogroups
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:31:34 -0500

One slight tweak to that, maybe. Y-DNA Adam is thought to be the Y-DNA ancestor of all living males today, but not to be the only male who has contributed DNA to all males today. There's plenty of "room" in autosomal DNA for other contributors. In fact, I wonder if it's conceivable that none of the autosomal DNA is from him. Given postings about how many ancestors fail to leave us actual autosomal DNA after 1,000 years or so, I'm guessing that might be statistically probable, even.

/ Tom