From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] News item: first ancient human genome sequenced
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 16:19:16 -0800

More evidence, if any was needed, that using the Han as proxies for Native
Americans is going to result in many blocks which are true NA being
classified as European due to the forced choice of clustering using poor
reference samples. There is a need, at least for groups like the Chipewayan
/ Athapaskan / NaDene and others from Canada, to be compared to Eastern
Siberians, those from far NE China, and the present Pima to Surui groups
before coming to any conclusion about attribution of the block.

David K. Faux.