From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] MRCA Estimates
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 01:30:27 -0600

See this article for an overview:

http://www.ancestry.com/learn/library/article.aspx?article=11152

Several people on their own commented about their own genealogies and said
they had found similar results.

The article is often cited:
**
*Am. J. Hum. Genet. 66:651–658, 2000*

"For the same proportion of paternal lineages, the mean interval length was
31–38 years (mean for all lineages: 35.0 years)."

I have also seen a study of Virginians in the 18th c. The results were
similar.

Bob Stafford

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Anatole Klyosov <>wrote:

> I do know exactly what I am talking about. Do you?
>
> If so, would you care to give here the "observed value" of a length of a
> generation? And, by the way, who "observed" it? You? How about the next guy?
>
> Anatole Klyosov

This thread: