From: "Lancaster-Boon" <>
Subject: [DNA] Variance Assessment wrt back and parallel mutations
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 10:15:45 +0100

Dear Anatole

Thank you for calling me inventive.

In answer to your first question, as mentioned in other posts, your personal
definition of counting mutations is now clear. It means you are estimating
the APPARENT number of mutations. There is a difference.

And yes, to see someone say that there is a difference, you can not find
this yet in your words (which is not a good thing, it is a confusing
distraction). For whatever reason you want to write as if an estimation of
mutation events using the genetic distance (GD) as a "count" of mutation
events.

But, despite the inevitable confusions which come from your insistence on
using words in a different way to eveyone else AND then writing as if there
is no other way possible, still I now believe I have described what you are
doing accurately.

Best Regards
Andrew

====