From: Michael Walsh <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS395S1 (followed)
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 11:30:43 -0600

-----> My response:

Pat, please send me the spreadsheet you have as well. I'm interested
in your analysis.

The below group has 395s1=16,16. They also have 617=13 and 406s1=11
so I classify them with the 11-13 Combo sub-groups. I wouldn't
associate them with Wales though, at least not closely. All of the
below except Newman, have tested for L21, They are all L21+.

6C3G6 - Conrardy - Luxembourg, Pratz
BWUY3 - Driscoll - Ireland, Co. Cork
F9KZK - Gilroy
3FQK8 - Newman
Z69DA - Steinsland(Hjelmeland) - Norway, Rogaland, Hjelmeland

Driscoll and Newman also have 388=13 while Conrardy and Steinsland
also have 19/394=15.

Regards, Mike.

-----> Pat / wrote:

Hello, Didier. You said that DYS395S1=16,16 is known - it is also
modal for one of the R-L21* clusters. That particular cluster has
been called the Welsh Modal or Wales Modal, because it is comprised
of mostly Welsh origin surnames. I will send you a spread sheet with
that cluster included.

Pat

This thread: