From: Wilcox Lisa <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA v. ISOGG R1b haplotree comparison updated
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 10:51:21 -0800

I was just looking into this. From Wikipedia:

Commonly referred to as Irish Type III, it is concentrated in central
western Ireland and associated with the Dál gCais kindred...

...also Dal Cais or the Dalcassians) were a dynastic group of related
septs located in northMunster who rose to political prominence in the
early medieval era in Ireland. They are desceded from Cormac Cas, or
Cas mac Conall Echlúath, hence the term "Dál", meaning "portion" or
"share" of Cas...

Who knew?

Lisa