From: John Mclaughlin <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA v. ISOGG R1b haplotree comparison updated
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 14:55:22 -0600

On 2/13/2010 2:44 PM, Diana Gale Matthiesen wrote:
> So, what name do you think would be preferable for those who are L226/S168?

I have no idea. Is anyone sure L226/S168 takes in nothing but Irish
Type III? Dal Cas fits up to a point but the O'Loughlins weren't Dal
Cais. Have any Irish Type II been tested for the same SNPs? Dal Cais
could be an artifici9al tribal designation invented by the Irish
scribes. I don't know that accuracy is possible in these murky waters.

John

This thread: