From: Margaret Jordan <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA v. ISOGG R1b haplotree comparison updated
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 11:21:01 +0000

SNP testing is becoming very useful in sorting out the connections
within and between the the Irish surnames of the south of Ireland.
R1b1b2a1b5 (L21+) seems to be widespread and I would like to see more
Irish people with southern surnames determine their position in the
haplotree by doing SNP testing.

Below L21, is L226 the only other relevant SNP for us in the south of
Ireland? If it is mostly Dalcassian what about Eoganacht SNPS below
L21? Does anyone know of any useful ones?

Margaret Jordan
Ireland yDNA Project and O'Shea yDNA Project