From: "Anatole Klyosov" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Variance Assessment wrt back and parallel mutations
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 11:28:51 -0500

>From: David Ewing <>
>Thank you, Anatole, for once again spending time on the Ewing data and
trying to help me understand how to think about this.

Dear David,

I sent you the Ewings complete haplotype tree directly (both a circular and
a linear trees). It is somewhat complicated indeed, and I have described all
the principal branches earlier here. I hope that it will help you to sort
things out.

Indeed, some minor branches allow a multiple choice. Mutations are
mutations, and they follow dumb statistics. Some haplotypes venture into a
neighboring branch, or sit on a borderline. To sort them out you need actual
family archives.

Best luck to you.

Anatole Klyosov

This thread: