From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: [DNA] Mutation Trees
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 11:57:36 -0600

FTM 2010 allows you to select and color boxes with three different colors on
the tree itself. Right click on the box, click "Select Person", right click
again and click "Mark Selected" and the number associated with the color. Go
into the box editor and set the colors for the markers. You can have up to 6
different colors using the sex as well. I think 4 is enough though. I would
use the fourth color for lineages not tested at all. I like to show all the
sons of the founder and, if enough room, the grandsons, so I will know which
lines need to be tested.

It also has an option to create a PDF with the tree on one page inder the
"Share" button next to the printer.

I would be interested in hearing what other genealogy programs do. I have a
copy of Legacy, but it is too time consuming to learn all of its features.

Bob Stafford

This thread: