From: Michael Walsh <>
Subject: [DNA] Irish SNP's - was FTDNA v. ISOGG R1b haplotree comparisonupdated
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 14:00:45 -0600

Another new SNP that includes some Irish have is L193+. Surnames that
have been positive so far include Newton, Stevens, Meek, Meeks,
Dugger, Kennedy and Ferguson. This is not exclusive to the Irish, but
then not much is.

I discourage making a testing decision based upon a particular
geography alone. For instance, I'm from Leinster but I don't fit in
the Leinster modal. As as I think was mentioned, there may be more
people found outside of Leinster with the Leinster modal than within.

Ireland, even within the R-P312+ and R-L21+ subclades, is a place with
a mix have peoples that have come and gone (and stayed) through the
ages.

Mike

----> Elizabeth O'Donoghue <> relied to Margaret