From: "Anatole Klyosov" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] TMRCA assessments
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 23:52:40 -0500

>From: "Alister John Marsh" <>
>Anatole,
>I now have sufficient understanding of your system to personally have
>increased concerns about it's reliability.
>If your system typically arbitrarily treats a "modal" haplotype as an
>"ancestral" haplotype for the basis of mutation counting, then it seems to
me your system has a significant flaw.
>Your arbitrary decision in this regard could change the "total mutation
>count" by a factor of 2...

Amazing.

After so many practical examples I gave here which showed that
mutation-counting and base haplotype counting methods produced the same
results, which in turn showed that mutation counting was correct...

John, do you understand, that if I "change the total mutation count by a
factor of 2", than the linear and logarithmic methods would have given
results differing by 2 as well?

Anatole

This thread: