From: "Elizabeth O'Donoghue" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA v. ISOGG R1b haplotree comparison updated
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 18:16:33 -0000

Andrew, on the contrary, I was contrasting our Glens (Eoghanacht/Irish Type
II/South Irish) to O'Brien (Irish Type III/Dalcassian). The genealogical
tracts indicate that Eoghan Mor and Cas were both sons of Olioll Olum. If
the O'Briens were actually descended from Cas, then I would expect the two
chiefs to have a closer haplotype, but they don't. It's possible that the
SNP delineating the Type III/Dalcassians is more recent than the time of
Christ, but for the two haplotypes to diverge at 8 distinct markers in the
first 25 (DYS391, 385b, 459a/b, 447 and 464a/b/c) and 2 in the last 30
(DYS557, 565), disregarding CDYa,b and nevermind the other odd markers where
they individually differ, what are the probabilities?

I know some of the math experts probably could tell us quite quickly.

Elizabeth