From: Anders Pålsen <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] A few genealogists might match the Saqqaq ancient Eskimoon a part of the X chromosome
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 01:39:28 -0800 (PST)

I have not done any own research about the X the last few months but as this Saqqaq ancient genome appeared with downloadable data I have been wondering if this person may share my large native american X-chromosome segment I share with a Pima and a Mongol individual.

The block size you mention is anyway small. As I demonstraded earlier on my first native american X-block presentation such small blocks usually are not exclusivly native american because they can appear among some central and east-asians (demonstrating the strong foundereffect among the native americans).

Anders

--- Den man 2010-02-15 skrev <>:

> Do you think Saqqaq could be related to Native Americans
> after all? One
> of the matches let me know off-list that there could be a
> Native
> American in his X inheritance.  Is it possible that
> the Saqqaq's X
> founder came from a different geographical region than the
> Y and mtDNA
> founders?
>
> Thanks for all your X work, Anders!
> Kathy J.

Bruker du Yahoo!?
Lei av spam? Yahoo! Mail har den beste spambeskyttelsen
http://no.mail.yahoo.com

This thread: