From: "Jerry L. Ivey" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA will introduce Family Finder
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:24:19 -0500

Where does this announcement appear? I'm not seeing it within my account.

On 2/16/10 9:10 AM, "Al Aburto" <> wrote:

I wonder if Family Finder will be based on SNPs or STRs?

Probably a good idea to submit a new sample. My current sample has some
age and a lot use already ... I'd like my DNA to be there in case
someone in my family in the future became interested in our family
genealogy (currently I'm it).

> On 2/16/2010 6:42 AM, Lawrence Mayka wrote:
> Today, FTDNA accounts show an advertisement for an upcoming product called
> Family Finder-autosomal DNA testing, optionally integrated into existing
> yDNA/mtDNA projects. FTDNA claims that Family Finder can detect
> relationships up to 5 generations back (all descendants of one's
> great-great-grandparents). Bruce Walsh appears to be technical spokesperson
> for the product.

This thread: