Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA will introduce Family Finder
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:18:55 -0800

I received an email also, with a link to additional information about
the product, including a video of Bruce Walsh, another PowerPoint
type video, the March launch price of $249, the info about a new kit
being needed, etc. Also included the statement
"A limited number of our customers are being offered the Family
Finder Test during the prelaunch."

I received an email simultaneously that a member of a project had
ordered the Family Finder test. They are apparently offering the test
to a trial group in advance of the general launch. Hopefully, some
results will be back by the time the full feature is launched in March.

??? - After doing a thorough search, I didn't see any information
about the quoted 500,000 SNP test. Where did that info come from??

> In the email I got, it says they need an unopened vial for your
> sample. If you
> don't have an unopened vial, they'll send you one to take another
> sample. It
> says they will test "well over 500,000 HapMap SNPs," and the price
> is $249.
>
> Diana

This thread: