From: Tim Wilder <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA will introduce Family Finder
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:52:31 -0600

Several genealogy blogs and newsletters are publishing the announcement,
together with a March price, and the information that there is a
prerelease to selected current FTDNA customers, as a product rollout,
the purpose of which is to keep from being flooded with more orders than
they can handle before they are geared up for the big volume.

Now, I can't say I know all the chip product lines. 500,000 SNPs sounds
like Illumina's now aging chip which is probably available fairly cheap
right now. But it could be something else I don't know about.

If they don't do a custom version like 23andMe, maybe it is even
cheaper. Or if they put all the known Y SNPs on it, they could sell you
the autosomal SNPs, or for a higher price, autosomal plus Deep Clade
with every known Y SNP tested. Something like this will have to be done
eventually as there are getting to be too many Y SNPs and clades for
testing the old way (I think).
/
/
> //From:/ <mailto:>
> /Subject:/ Re: [DNA] FTDNA will introduce Family Finder
> /Date:/ Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:18:55 -0800
>

> ??? - After doing a thorough search, I didn't see any information
> about the quoted 500,000 SNP test. Where did that info come from??/
//

This thread: