From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA will introduce Family Finder
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:09:29 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Wilder" <>

Something like this will have to be done
> eventually as there are getting to be too many Y SNPs and clades for
> testing the old way (I think).

[[ I, and most other males, have no individual interest in all the known y
snps; in fact at the moment there is not even one I am personally
interested in. Having all the presently known ysnps in a single developed
product is mainly for the company's benefit, not the customers. Any
specific male might have interest in just a few ysnps. For those studying
deep history of y clades the cost/benefit ratio might change somewhat, but
not yet hugely. Ken (who out of curiosity has ordered the new product) ]]]

This thread: