From: "Ian Logan" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA will introduce Family Finder
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:55:31 -0000

Bill / List

This could be interesting ...

The tests that use 'Chip' technologies usually produce a list of mtDNA mutations. So how well will
FTDNA do as compared to it own FGS testing ?

I can see some sort of disclaimer coming out to say the 'Chip' results should be taken with a 'pinch
of salt'.
Or will they keep re-testing until all the differences are resolved ?

Good times ahead ...

Ian
www.ianlogan.co.uk

Bill wrote ....
--------------------
Hi John and all,

My order confirmation said I had an unused vial on hand. I had previously submitted three more for
some other test. So they can start processing my order immediately. Whoopee.

I think they are offering the beta tests for those who have taken the mtDNA FGS test - maybe some
other advanced tests.

-------------------

And John before....
> Yes the cost for the beta test is the same as the offering price in March
> I got the offer and accepted it.
> The note to me said they would be sending me a new kit for DNA sample
>
> I cannot see how then could get a kit to me and back and to the Lab work by
> mid March.
> My kit is from 2002 so it is already 8 years old
> Maybe for those that have a good sample on file?

This thread: