From: Robert Tarín <>
Subject: [DNA] King Tutankhamun's Y-DNA haplogroup
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 01:59:09 -0600

The results for King Tutankhamun's Y-DNA reveal STR values of 393=13 and
H4=11. They used the AmpF\STR Yfiler PCR amplification process and from my
understanding there is a conversion of subtracting one from H4 to get the
FTDNA equivalent. Looking at frequencies for 393=13 and H4=10 in Whit's
Haplogroup Predictor, this is what comes up.

Mediterranean
I2a = 30.3%
R1b = 19.2%

Equal Priors
I2a = 17.9%
I1 = 15.7%
T = 13.6%
G1 = 10.5%

East Europe
I2a = 32.6%
I1 = 30.4%
R1a = 12.7%
R1b = 11.0%

Northwest Europe
R1b = 50.7%
I1 = 35.3

I realize this is only for 2 markers but does this project a likelihood of
Tut's haplogroup being I2a? Interesting to speculate.

This thread: