From: Anders Pålsen <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] A few genealogists might match the Saqqaq ancient Eskimoon a part of the X chromosome
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 08:23:01 +0000 (GMT)

David, list.

In PLINK my Pima segment was in a high preservation area "above" the centromere of the chromosome at a size of 6 MB, in GERMLINE it increased to 8 Mb taking into account some missing or error markers (or mutations for that matter). As I remember the distance was in cM between 3 and 4 using HapMap cM map for the PLINK continous segment.

Anders

--- Den tir 2010-02-16 skrev David Faux <>:

> I don't recall seeing specifics on this very interesting
> block that you (a
> Norwegian) share with a Mongol and a Pima.  How large
> is this segment, and
> at what position on the X?
>
> There has been a lot of discussion lately about 5 Mb
> segments seen in
> uploads from 23andMe to Decodeme between Europeans and
> people from almost
> everywhere outside of Sub - Saharan Africa (when comparing
> to the 52
> reference individuals from the HGDP-CEPH panel).  I
> don't recall anyone
> mentioning segments as large as 10 Mb though.
>
> David K. Faux.

Bruker du Yahoo!?
Lei av spam? Yahoo! Mail har den beste spambeskyttelsen
http://no.mail.yahoo.com

This thread: