From: Robert Tarín <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] King Tutankhamun's Y-DNA haplogroup
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 03:41:17 -0600

Andrew,

I checked the E-M35 project and they were speculating still but I did not
see a mention of the STR results. One might think the haplogroup would tend
to be some variety of E-M35 but who knows? Unless we have SNP results, it is
all speculation and probabilities. I wonder if the labs got other STRs
however "iffy" but chose not to release them.

Robert

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 3:07 AM, Lancaster-Boon
<>wrote:

> Hi Robert
>
> If you take common Egyptian haplogroups such as E-V12 and E-V22, for which
> our hobbyist databases have less data, I think you'll find these could also
> work. (I make this comment based upon discussion by others over on the
> E-M35
> project.)
>
> Best Regards
> Andrew