From: Robert Tarín <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] King Tutankhamun's Y-DNA haplogroup
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 09:44:47 -0600

Ken,

This is some of what they say in the study. "The repeated search for
hemizygous Y alleles in the males yielded few results, with differing
success in the various markers contained in the multiplex PCR kit used."
They then mention values of 13 and 11 (FTDNA value = 10) for 393 and H4,
apparently leaving unsaid any values for the other markers. That is
frustrating. Do you have any thoughts on the haplogroup probability?

Robert

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Ken Nordtvedt <>wrote:

> Your predictor box probably does not have I2* which is most interesting
> possibility. However, of the clades of I2* the one with 13,10 at these
> STRs
> would not be my guess.

This thread: