From: "Lancaster-Boon" <>
Subject: [DNA] Considering Anatole's test for complexity
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 20:28:07 +0100

Thanks to Anatole for the below example.

At least for me I think it clarifies that indeed we should understand the
difference between linear and logarithmic methods as intended to be a test
in itself.

I think until now, this aspect of Anatole's method has not been discussed. A
method for telling when there is significant complexity of structure would
be handy.

In a similar way, the Cruciani team have sometimes published age estimates
using several methods, and then expressed more confidence about the cases
where there are no big differences.

I wonder if many other people have considered this aspect of what Anatole is
doing?

Best Regards
Andrew

========