Subject: Re: [DNA] King Tut DNA to be on Discovery Channel
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 16:26:59 -0500

I did not feel like paying for the JAMA article but at the Discovery
website,
http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/king-tut-unwrapped-maternal-dna-match.html
there was no mention of the mtDNA haplogroup, only that there was some
type of mtDNA relationship between Tut and the female in tomb 35.

"Using the latest DNA analysis methods, the team confirms that a
anonymous female mummy in tomb KV35 is Tut's mother"
The CODIS markers that I could see or infer on the trailer video are as
follows:

D13S317 - 12
D7S820 - 10
D2S1338 - 16
D21S11 - 29
D16S539 - 8
D18S51? - 19?
? - 20
? - 6

It is amazing that 8 markers matched exactly in such ancient DNA.
Kathy J.

This thread: