From: Steven Bird <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] King Tut DNA to be on Discovery Channel
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 16:40:03 -0500

If we assume momentarily, pending confirmation, that 458=16, then the leading candidates become E1b1a ("old" E3a) and T. That makes sense in view of the history of the region and its location. Obviously, three markers is not enough to make a verification. :-)

The video claimed that they were able to match up 10 STR's exactly; they're not in the e-supplement or the published paper. What about the other six? Were they a no-call? Why is Hawassi not releasing this information? Why did JAMA permit him to publish his conclusions without the supporting STR data or any explanation as to why it is missing?

Where were the peer reviewers on this one?

Steve