From: "Terry Barton" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA will introduce Family Finder
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 17:21:51 -0500

I had understood Ashley yesterday to say that the FTDNA test would cover
every SNP that the 23andMe test covered. To me - that meant that it would
include yDNA amd mtDNA SNPs - as 23andMe reports Deep Clade results.

After offlist queries from Raymond Wing and Steven Perkins, I called FTDNA
again and Ashley confirmed the understanding of many on this list that
FTDNA will not be reporting yDNA or mtDNA SNPs. (I didn't ask about xDNA
SNPs - but would expect that FTDNA isn't going to report them either)

So - I have editted my blog to remove this statement. Thanks for the
correction!

Looking forward to finding more cousins! What I really want to do is to
give this "Family Finder" try with Barton Lineage I to see if it will help
us identify branching.

Best Regards,
Terry Barton

WorldFamilies.net
www.worldfamilies.net

Hi Terry,
Thanks for the info. Has it been confirmed that the FTDNA FF will include
for previously untested participants the mtDNA and Y-DNA info?
Thanks,
CeCe

This thread: