From: Marleen Van Horne <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA will introduce Family Finder
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:42:18 -0800

I have 260 matches in Relative Finder, ranging from 0.10% to 1.29%. The
few people I do have contact with mostly have little or no information
about their ancestors. Aside from health issues, I do not understand
why they even bothered.

My hope with Family Finder is that the people who join this effort would
respond to requests for contact and have a genuine interest in figuring
out the matches.

I would really like to correspond with that 1.29% match. He either
already knows who I am and does not want to be related to me, or he has
absolutely no interest in genealogy.

Marleen Van Horne

This thread: