From: Vince Tilroe <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA will introduce Family Finder
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 17:52:49 -0700

It appears to me that this will mainly offer the market a competing option
against 23andMe's Ancestry Edition at a significantly lower price point,
while providing access (and perhaps discounts) to other FTDNA products.
There doesn't seem to be any particular cost advantage to those that are
already customers of both FTDNA and 23andMe.

It may be that this is also a reaction to autosomal study groups such as the
Mennonite/Anabaptist Project currently underway at 23andMe - FTDNA already
has administrative tools for group projects available, while 23andMe seems
to be going nowhere fast.

Vince T.