From: Steven Bird <>
Subject: [DNA] Some more Tut DNA STR values from the video
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 22:23:23 -0500

Several people at the E-M35 Project have spent a few hours poring over the video that was uploaded to the web from the Discovery Channel and we have an estimate of some of the other STR markers and their values. It would be very helpful if anyone on list who is used to working with YFiler could confirm our identifications:

389i=13
390=24 (the number is barely visible, but the peak agrees with the number) I have high confidence in this number.
389b= 16 or 17
393=13 (given in the paper)
439=11
392=11?
H4=10 (using FtDNA nomenclature - given in paper)
458=16 (this one seems definite)
DYS19=13 or 14 (more likely 13)

Most of the peaks are actually quite clear and I imagine that anyone who looks at a lot of Yfiler outputs would be able to identify the actual peaks easily. The only questions appear because I don't always know exactly where the Yfiler bars start and stop for each locus.

Thomas Krahn, are you out there?? :-)

Here is the link to the video:

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/king-tut-unwrapped-king-tuts-paternal-line.html

Steve