From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Some more Tut DNA STR values from the video
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 21:24:09 -0700

One of these days some ancient dna from bones will yield a y haplotype which
just looks alien --- unlike anything we see today. It will be a few
thousand years ancestral to nothing. But instead it will be on a branch
line which went extinct and of who knows what length to its earlier node
with the y tree we know. It will technically have a haplogroup if enough
snps can be measured to find when this extinct branch line left the y tree,
but we'll have no idea what it is from an extended y haplotype measurement.