From: "Tim Janzen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Complete Khoisan and Bantu genomes fromsouthernAfrica reported in Nature this week
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 00:46:32 -0800

Dear All,
A PDF of the paper is available at
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v463/n7283/pdf/nature08795.pdf and the
HTML version is at
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v463/n7283/full/nature08795.html. It
looks like Desmond Tutu was one of the 5 men whose genome was sequenced.
The Y haplogroups of the people tested are A2, A3b1, B2b, E1b1b1, and
E1b1a8a. I suspect that a trickle of whole genomes will soon become a
flood. As far as I know there are now 14 whole genomes that have been
completed. My recollection of them and their Y haplogroups is as follows:

Human Genome Project, R1b (R-U106)(plus some G)
Craig Ventor, R1b (R-L46)
James Watson, R1b (R-U106)
haplogroup I male, I
Yoruba male, E1b1