From: Steven Bird <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] King Tutankhamun's Y-DNA - Eureka!
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 09:32:06 -0500

Robert,

That is some very clever sleuthing! I can confirm values at 389i=13, 390=24, 389ii=30, and 458=16, and of course the two given ones, 393 and H4. I am not at home now and won't be until after 7 pm tonight, so I can't look at the video again until then. I came up with different values for several other locations, but did not have the exact ranges that you found. So I will take another look and see if I can confirm the other STR values.

Steve

> I had an eureka moment in deciphering the marker values displayed for King
> Tutankhamun's lineage in the video clip at this link:
> http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/king-tut-unwrapped-king-tuts-paternal-line.html
>

> Sixteen (17 if you count 385a and 385b) STRs were identified using the
> AmpF\STR Yfiler PCR amplification kit from Applied Biosystems. In the video
> the display follows the order of the Yfiler v2 program. The STR peaks can
> clearly be seen and I only needed to determine the range of values used for
> each marker. I did that from Yfiler website itself at
> http://www.appliedbiosystems.com/yfilerdatabase/
>
> 456 (13-18) = 15
> 389i (9-16) = 13
> 390 (17-28) = 24
> 389ii (24-34) = 30
> 458 (14-20) = 16
> 19 (10-19) = 8/14 (dual peak)
> 385a (7-25) = 11
> 385b (7-25) = 14 (? not clear in video)
> 393 (8-17) = 13
> 391 (6-14) = 11
> 439 (8-15) = 10
> 635 (19-26) = 23
> 392 (6-18) = 13
> YGATAH4 (8-13) = 11 (10 FtDNA nomenclature)
> 437 (13-18) = 9/14 (dual peak)
> 438 (8-13) = 12
> 448 (16-24) = 19

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469228/direct/01/