From: argiedude <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Some more Tut DNA STR values from the video
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 00:09:08 -0200

Did the authors of the study say that the 2nd y-dna tested had 393=9? Because that would mean at least one of the images they showed in the video isn't stock footage, it's one of the 2 actual results, which would suggest the other image is probably also the real deal and not stock footage. I'm starting to become more amazed by Hawass' behavior then by the results, quite honestly.

I looked at some 300 Egyptian samples from yhrd and Luis' 2004 study of East Africa, which included 150 Egyptian samples, and it seems that ht15 is about 1% to 2% of Egyptian y-dna, ht35 likewise, and R1b1* (technically R1b1* plus R1b1a) is around 2% to 3%, for an overall rate of R1b of about 5% to 7%.

If this result is true, it could still arguably be an ht35 that mutated in 393 from 12 to 13, though ht15 is still the prime candidate. It would be extremely unlikely that the sample would be R1b1*, because of 19=14 and 385=11/14.

What's the 393=9 sample from? That would really be pushing it, that 2 Egyptian samples came out R1b.