Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA will introduce Family Finder
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 02:14:16 +0000 (UTC)

I've been wondering about the same thing, Patricia. I would like to know if they could mark some samples as belonging to deceased persons who are not available for additional sampling and take any extra precautions to stretch the limited DNA supply a little further. I am in the same position as you. I have one invitation so far. It's for a deceased relative, and we were only able to get two vials from him. He was initially tested for 37 markers and HVR1, and then I ordered FGS and X STR testing for him at the same time. I'm afraid that if the heirs say yes to the testing as expected, I might still be out of luck because there may be partially used vials in both Arizona and Houston. I was thinking about calling FTDNA to ask about this. If you get any information on this from FTDNA or any other reliable source, would you please share it with me?

Kirsten