From: Doug McDonald <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Family Finder Results!!
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 09:35:42 -0600

Bonnie Schrack wrote:
> Bill wrote:
>> Just in case you were wondering how long it would take to process the Family Finder tests, one of my K Project members who ordered yesterday got his results this afternoon.
>>

> Hm. . . this feeds my far-fetched speculation that they may have already
> tested some people's DNA to build up their internal data set, and are
> now sending invitations to those people -- if they order, their results
> would be revealed. What do you think, is it possible? It seems
> incredible that the whole test could really have been done that fast --
> or is it possible with those chips? If so, why does it take weeks and
> weeks at 23andMe?
>
> Bonnie

1) They've got the machine on site

2) They've got the hots to see results

I've got more info on how the test works from Bennett.

It may be at this moment proprietary, so I only will say that
he assured me that they are "wiping" the medical SNPS from the
data before using it in any way or sending it in bulk to the buyer.

It's a batch system so they have to fill a batch to feed the machine
(if they want to make the most money of course).

That's what he said.

Doug McDonald

This thread: