From: "Terry Barton" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA will introduce Family Finder
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:45:46 -0500

I am also worried about having enough sample on hand for the future. It
hasn't been so long since Bennett laughed and said that they could run as
many tests with our DNA sample as we could afford to buy.

Now - we're seeing a fresh sample taken for "Walk Through the Y", a fresh
vial for Autosomal Blocks. What's next? And - more importantly, what's the
prudent amount of dna to have stored for our elderly relatives?

I have already found that my Dad and Mother's autosomal dna is more useful
than mine for finding my autosomal cousins. What other new development will
may us wish for more dna samples of the older generations? (I still lament
BYU's throwing away my great-uncle's sample back in 2002. He was already
gone by the time I learned of it)

I've updated my blog after getting some input directly from FTDNA:
http://www.worldfamilies.net/familyfinder

Best Regards,
Terry Barton

WorldFamilies.net
www.worldfamilies.net

I think I would also ask in that case if amplification is available at an
extra cost.

Roberta