From: Wayne Kauffman <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FF raw data access
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 09:30:20 -0800 (PST)

WIPING MEDICAL SNPS? Rats!!!!!

That means one will not get the .DAT, .CEL or .CHP files. Those comprise the raw data for the run. If they scrub the results sounds like one will get a text file and all of the auxiliary information related to the call. The real raw data files are what is needed for use within the Genotyping Console for comparisons and setting up PLINK runs.

The value of the provided results is being reduced and will limit what one can do outside of the FTDNA environment.

- Wayne kauffman