From: Katherine Hope Borges <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA will introduce Family Finder
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 00:24:45 -0800

Hi Ann,

Family Finder has a feature for adjustable thresholds so viewing lower thresholds won't be a problem.

Kind regards,
Katherine

Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:26:20 EST
Thanks for the update, Terry. The SNP overlap makes more sense to me than
the original claim of testing every 23andMe SNP plus more, even setting aside
the mtDNA and Y custome SNPs from 23andMe.

The 10cM threshold (vs 7.5cM for at least one segment at 23andMe) will
aggravate those who've been begging for lower and lower thresholds, thinking
they're missing out on important connections. Wayne, I know you've been
looking at lower thresholds -- have you developed a sense of how informative they
are for your Anabaptist project?

Ann

This thread: