Subject: Re: [DNA] FF raw data access
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 06:34:10 EST

Right. 23andMe SNPs are "curated" before inclusion in a report, meaning
they meet rigorous standards for size of study, replication in several
populations, etc. SNPedia has a list of over 10,000 SNPs that have at least been
mentioned in the technical literature.

Ann Turner

In a message dated 2/19/2010 10:35:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

> Another point that we should keep in mind is that at least some of
> the "non-medical" SNPs that are reported will at some point in the future
> be
> linked to specific medical conditions. There are currently in the range
> of
> 150-200 autosomal SNPs that 23andMe reports as being linked to various
> traits or medical conditions.

This thread: