From: Gary Felix <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA will introduce Family Finder (cM limit)
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 12:35:01 -0800 (PST)

Ann, looks to be a combination of both with 500 SNP in series being the criteria for FTDNA. I am reasoning that the 500 SNP criteria will show more matches, no?

I am told that Family Finder has the exact same resolution as 23andme but their interpretation past 5th cousins is "Distant Cousins" rather than 6th to 10th cousins or Distant  Cousins.

Since Project Admins. will have extra tools to locate descendants of a distant ancestor, it looks like showing centimorgans for all of matches that are from > 1 to 10+ with SNP info per 'block' is part of this feature.

Haven't seen real life examples.

Gary
Mexico DNA Project Admin.