From: "Belinda Dettmann" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] (no subject) - when is a MOORE not a MOORE?
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 14:05:20 +1100

Hi Cornelia

I've constructed a Fluxus Network diagram of relationships for Moores
in Group 2 (for 37 markers) and I believe your husband is a bona fide
Moore who belongs to this Group. I think the founding haplotype for
this group is either 71529 or 123490 and your husband is 3 mutations
away from 123490 and 4 away from 71529.

Group 2 is quite a compact group - I'd love to know how FTDNA does the
grouping - and I'm pretty sure he's in it. I've also had a look at a
diagram for all R1b Moores with 37 markers. It's large and messy, but
Group 2 comes up as a distinct group and well separated from other
Moores.

I'll send you a message offline so you can see the details of what
I've done.

Belinda