Subject: Re: [DNA] Question for Ken RE: AS7E
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 10:28:55 EST

Message: 3
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 14:16:43 -0700
From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
To: <>

All I can tell you is the coalescence age I get for the 29 haplotypes of
AS7E. About 11 of them have all 67 markers.

I get 1200 years.

*************************************

Thank you for the confirmation. I always wonder about Ancestry's numbers,
but the database for my AS7E project indicates anywhere from 18 or 20
generations between my Britton family and the closest members of the group and
as many as 53 generations to the outliers, although I suspect that 53 is
the result of an error entering data or the failure of Ancestry's system to
make proper conversions. Lindeborg is 45, which is just about equal to your
1200 year estimate.

Brittons tested so far were born between c 1925 and 1959, the youngest
being the 10th generation down from our earliest known common ancestor who was
born c 1672/3. If there were roughly as many generations in the five of
six centuries before that, then it seems to me the most recent common
ancestor of the Britton family and the Childers family (which is the closest
match in the group), might have lived after the Norman Conquest but before the
age of surnames. Just a guess, of course, yet without more
information--or I should say more participation from England and the Continent-- it's
about all one can do.

Lindsey

This thread: