From: "Kamel AL GAZZAH" <>
Subject: [DNA] Y chromosome SNP occuring in More than one Paternal Lineages
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 17:38:49 +0100

Hello
There are many Y chromosomes which have been found in Two Y Haplogroups in
the same time
Examples:
P36.1 in A2 Haplogroup and P36.2 in Q1 Haplogroup
P27.1 in P Haplogroup and P27.2 in O3a1 haplogroup
L192.1 in R-L21 and L192.2 in J-L24

The usual explanation of this, is that the same SNP happened two times for
each Group in two sepoarate events.
But I wonder if the following senario is possible:
This SNP fisrts happened in X chromosome and then it has been transmitted to
Y chromosome tby recombining two times, which means that two Y Haplogroups
sharing the same SNP share a common Portion of X Chromosome.

I would like to know if this senario is possible or not ?
What are teh portions of Y chromosome which can be coming from X Chromosome
Recombination ?

Kamel Gazzah
J2a4h (first case of L192.2)

This thread: