From: Vincent Vizachero <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Y chromosome SNP occuring in More than one PaternalLineages
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:18:28 -0500

Al gave a response already, and I agree that the "X crossover"
scenario is highly unlikely.

However I will also point out that even if the "X crossover" story
were true the "usual" explanation and the imagined "X crossover"
scenario are not actually different. As far as the Y phylogeny is
concerned, you would still be looking at two different instances of
the SNP. You would just have a different explanation. Biologically
that might be interesting, but phylogenetically not so much.

VV

On Feb 21, 2010, at 11:38 AM, Kamel AL GAZZAH wrote:

> The usual explanation of this, is that the same SNP happened two
> times for
> each Group in two sepoarate events.
> But I wonder if the following senario is possible:
> This SNP fisrts happened in X chromosome and then it has been
> transmitted to
> Y chromosome tby recombining two times, which means that two Y
> Haplogroups
> sharing the same SNP share a common Portion of X Chromosome.

This thread: