From: "Lawrence Mayka" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS463 and DYS452
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 17:32:54 -0600

We clamored for a resolution of the DYS452 and DYS463 conversion issue years
ago. Nothing ever happened. Or rather, the worst happened: FTDNA began
encouraging customers to enter their values without conversion, but without
back-converting the values that were already there.

It would be easy for me to write off those two markers as hopeless, but
DYS452, at least, turns out to have an distinctive value (27 or 28 instead
of the usual 30) in an R-M198 cluster I'm investigating.

> From: [mailto:genealogy-dna-
> ] On Behalf Of vernade didier
> I wanted to discuss also DYS452 but this post is already long enough and I
think my
> point is clear : I wish some cleaning of ysearch is done as soon as
possible .

This thread: